The Rotary Club of Leeds has been twinned with the Rotary Club of Braunschweig-Richmond since 1984 - a club named after Schloss Richmond, a small palace built in 1768 by Duke Karl Wilhelm Ferdinand of Braunschweig for his wife, Augusta, sister of King George III of England. Exchange visits between the two clubs occur every two years and our members and their partners visited Braunschweig in May 2015. The first visit there in fact dates back to May 1975 when the then Leeds President, Ron Wray, led a party of Leeds and Headingley members to Germany. Braunschweig members came to see us for the first time in 1977.
Rotary Club of Braunschweig Richmond
|Leeds visit to Braunschweig 2007|